Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lose Weight = Loose Tights

The above equation occurred to me today as I tried to discreetly yank my tights back up.

This morning I put on a pair of tights that I haven’t worn in over a year. A person really doesn’t think about whether their tights fit or not. No one ever put on tights, looked in the mirror, and said: Wow, these tights fit great!

It wasn’t until I was at work that I realized my tights were no longer tight- they were loose. Really loose. Like sweat pants loose. And loose tights do not stay where you put them. The crotch of my tights was nowhere near where I meant it to be. And there was no way I could move gracefully with the crotch of my tights half-way to my knees. And there was no way to pull my tights back up without the entire lobby, the guys watching the security camera, and a hallway of co-workers seeing what I was doing. This was one very long day.

After pulling those tights back up all day you better believe they went in the trash when I got home. I embarrass myself enough already without being sabotaged by loose tights.

2 comments:

  1. YOU? Embarrass yourself? NO! have you ever rolled down the stairs in a luxury hotel, landing splayed out in the lobby...with your dress over your head....in a thong? I was SO glad I wore underwear that day in Oakland....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be embarrassed -- be proud! At least now, in retrospect:-) And remember, every inch you lose is an incentive to go buy clothes that fit better:-)
    (I've now bought two pairs of incentive shorts this year, and am about to go buy another pair, two inches tighter, as a new incentive:-))
    N.

    ReplyDelete