Friday, February 12, 2010

icy roads

This is the second big snow this year. Usually we go years without snow, so to get a second one in one winter is pretty amazing. As everyone knows, I LOVE SNOW!! Having said that I was amazed today at how fast I became used to the view from the kitchen. I walked into the room and thought: "Pretty, looks like last time." I stopped cold (pun intended) with the fridge open and couldn't believe that it only took twice for snow to become blase.

No segue, I have the television on watching the news and it was just announced that a Deputy Sheriff died in a car accident tonight. Dave was responding to a call when dispatch lost touch with him. His car was found upside down in a creek. Dave works security on our campus, always professional and friendly. His wife brings lunch in to share with him. I can't imagine how she is feeling and my heart goes out to her.

Mister is still at work, am going to text him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment