Monday, July 26, 2010

Psychic GED Staff

One of my jobs at the college I work in is to track application files and turn them over to an admissions counselor once the student has submitted everything needed for admission. Because registration deadline is approaching, today I am calling all applicants that have outstanding items. Some students need to come in to take the placement exam, some students need to submit residency information, and some students need to submit high school transcripts. All pretty routine, the phone calls are just a reminder to the students to get their butts in gear.

I just got off of the phone with a student who is under the impression that the GED board is staffed by psychics. I informed the student that we are still awaiting his GED transcript before we can review his file for admission. The student stated that the transcripts should be here any day. I asked when he requested the transcripts.

The phone was silent for a second, and then the student stated: “Am I supposed to? Don’t they just know where I want to go?”

That’s right. The GED board is psychic and he is sending thought waves letting them know he needs his transcript.

No comments:

Post a Comment