Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Cold


There are many ways to have a cold.

You can “take it like a man,” and “do what you have to do.” Don’t let a cold get the best of you. Go into work, insisting that you aren’t sick. Force your foggy head to retain and retrieve information that is relevant to your work life. You never really fool you co-workers that everything is as normal, and because you don’t want them to know you have a cold, your co-workers wonder if you are on something, mentioning to one another that you don’t seem yourself.

Another option is to wallow in pity, whining to everyone that you are sooo sick. Drag out of bed in the morning, complaining that you have to go in, no matter if you are sick. You barely dress appropriate for the office, and when you get there you lay your head on your desk, getting nothing done and being a nuisance to your co-workers.

My way of having a cold is to announce that I have a cold, take leave from work, and lounge around the house in an old nightie. I watch reruns of “Leave it to Beaver,” drink hot tea, and curl up to sleep with my dog and my favorite blanket.

I don’t know if my way of having a cold is the best, but I am sure that my co-workers appreciate the fact that I kept my cooties at home. Also, it is nice to see what that Eddie Haskell is up to.

2 comments:

  1. Sending you an award, you rock!

    http://tinfoilmagnolia.blogspot.com/2010/07/in-which-i-recieve-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Thanks Ms. Marsha. I am honored.

    ReplyDelete