Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Elbows

I tried on a dress in front of the mirror and turned every which way to get a look at myself. I was totally surprised by my elbows. This getting older thing has many surprises. I had no idea my elbows were going to look like they do.

I am fine with laugh lines and crow’s feet. I knew they were going to happen. I can deal with a slower metabolism, not happy about it, but I can deal with it. These are things you see happening around you and know are going to happen to you.

But seriously, the elbows? What is up with that?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up! Don't forget the jowls our family is SO famous for! Elbows was definitely not something I expected. I agree on the laugh lines-we knew we were gonna get them at a young age because we laugh so darn much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! My thing right now is earlobes. I used to know an older lady who was so wrinkly and even her earlobes were wrinkled! Crazy, right? Now I am getting a wrinkle on one earlobe because of the way I sleep. Grrr.

    I lost a bunch of weight this summer and I noticed in some recent pictures, when the light is a certain way, I am getting that old lady chicken neck. Double grrr.

    Thanks for the tip on the elbows. Now I have to go look at that obsessively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you Marsha- thanks to Weight Watchers I have lost 20 pounds this summer and I think that contributed to the old lady elbows!

    Karen- how mean to mention the jowls!! You know they are a "sign of beauty" bwaahaha!

    ReplyDelete